We hope these answers to the frequently asked questions from parents and Leaders in the lead up to Cuboree may assist you.  Please check back regularly as we will update these FAQs as more come to light.

What payment options do I have?

Scouts Queensland’s Application Management System provides payment via the online system once your application has been submitted. This process provides an immediate receipt and does not require manual handling.

Many Groups decide to pay via a Group Cheque – please provide a list that includes the person’s name, Scouts Queensland Membership number and the amount allocated to that person.  Please contact the Cuboree finance officer on finance.cuboree@scoutsqld.com.au for other payment options.

Can I get a hardcopy of the application rather than fill it out online?

Cuboree 2018 – ‘Going Troppo’ is utilising the online application process as it is the most effective and efficient processing system for such a large event. It is the only way to apply to attend Cuborees. If you have a Cub Scout family that is not able to apply online due to lack of computer access or knowledge, we suggest discussing with the Cub Scout/Group Leader to see how they may be able to assist. Many libraries provide free access to computers as well.

Does the applicant have to have completed the eligibility before applying for Cuboree?

No, the eligibility needs to be met by the time of Cuboree. Most of the year prior to Cuboree many Cub Scouts will be working towards these requirements with the support of their Leaders. Remember though if you haven’t put the effort in then you will NOT Be Prepared and the camp will not be as enjoyable as you would expect.

Does the my Leader need to attend for my Cub Scout to attend?

No.  Being volunteers not all leaders are able to attend.  Each year many packs send youth members without a leader from their own pack.  These youth members are generally paired up with a “sponsor” pack so that they know the leaders and other youth members.  Often there are also other familiar faces with leaders and youth from neighbouring packs attending so there are other familiar faces there as well.

What happens if my child’s medical/personal information changes after sbumitting the application?

A positive aspect of the online application system is that you can log back in up until the event itself and update details.


What happens if my child gets sick?

Each pack and sub camp have a first aid and welfare officer for first response. A Cuboree welfare team, which includes a medical professional are available if required.  The Cuboree Chief Director will contact parents if needed.


What meals are provided for camp participants?

A registered catering company is employed to ensure a balanced diet is offered over the six (6) days.  Approximately 1000 breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks are served in rotation throughout each village each day.  Fruit is served at least twice daily.  People requiring specialised menus due to diagnosed medical/dietary/religious requirements can specify in the application.  Note: an extra fee may be applicable to cover extra catering costs.


My child needs extra support.  How will this be managed?

The best way to ensure your child will be able to access the camp in the best means is to advise what support they usually have.  Camp organisers may then contact you for further information to ensure individual needs are considered.  It may require the attendance of a support person just for your child.


What if I need to contact my child during the event?

A contact number will be advised during the event that can be used to get a message through or contact your child in the event of an emergency.  With so many young people at the event it is not possible to use this for anything besides emergencies.